Glanbia Cheese Launch PRINCE 2 Training Programme
30th NOV 2011.
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based method for effective project management.
PRINCE2 is a de facto standard used extensively by the UK Government and is widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.
The key features of PRINCE2 are:
- Its focus on business justification
- A defined organisation structure for the project management team
- Its product-based planning approach
- Its emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Its flexibility to be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
Glanbia Cheese continues to target Growth and Product Excellence through a focus on plant capacity, efficiencies, new equipment and improved infrastructure. This high level of ongoing investment in the business is required to support our customers in challenging markets. This investment in staff will introduce a standard structured approach to Project Management, thereby delivering an effective approach to completing projects and achieving the correct balance between " business as usual " and " business development."