What's happening at Glanbia Cheese
Wales Greatest Ever Dairy farmer?
Glyn Jones of TE, MRL & EG Jones of Llanarth, Ceredigion is not just a dairy farmer, he may well be the greatest dairy farmer ever. He has achieved what many of his peers thought to be impossible; he has won the coveted Glanbia Cheese Milk Quality Cup FOUR years in a row.
With approximately 220 direct supply farmers, Glanbia Cheese process approximately 20% of all of Wales milk, making mozzarella and ultimately feeding millions of people all round the world with Welsh milk and Welsh mozzarella.
He was awarded his trophy by Phil Leigh (left), head of GB Milk Procurement and Paul Vernon (right), Glanbia Cheese's Chief Executive
If any farmers would like to find out more about Glanbia Cheese you can contact Phil Leigh on 07802 759381 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick company fact checker
- Glanbia Cheese is a joint venture between Glanbia PLC and Leprino Foods.
- Glanbia Cheese account for 1/3 of UK Cheese exports, making it significantly the largest cheese exporter in UK.
- Glanbia Cheese produces only mozzarella, and is the premier producer in Europe. Their cheese is used by most major pizza restaurants, delivery groups, and frozen & chilled boxed pizzas.
- Their 2 factories are based in Llangefni in Anglesey, Wales and Magheralin, Co. Armagh.
- Glanbia Cheese provides a route to market for approximately 20% of Welsh and 20% Northern Irish milk.